Wednesday, January 19, 2011

DUCATI 1198-S (Vishal Bawa B.sc MCAJ-1st sem)(MassCoMedia Student)

Even as I bask in the 1198's glow, I wonder what sense spending Rs 23.64 lakh of my hard earned money (if I had it, that is) on it, makes. Why? Well, I'm having a tough time justifying the premium the Italian Duke commands over the Japanese competition as well its own more comfortable and madder sibling, the Streetfighter. Don't get me wrong now - the 1198 is one of the finest motorcycles that exist, exquisite in turn out and colossal in performance. Besides, there's the Ducati heritage that stays with you for every moment that you ride it. And I can't deny the 1198's inimitable V-twin charm coupled with the Italian romance that reeks from every fibre of the bike's being. Surely, for an experienced rider who's looking for an exotic and precise track tool, the 1198 will be more rewarding than most motorcycles. However, all of the race-inspired tech that you pay a premium for will only work at speeds that are beyond most mortals' abilities. Hence, lost as I am in the 1198's charm, I cannot ignore the R1 that calls out to me.



MOTODATA
DUCATI 1198 S
POWERTRAIN
Displacement: 1198 cc, 90-degree V-twin
Max power: 170 Bhp 9750
 rpm
Max torque: 13.4 
kgm@8000 rpm
Transmission: 6-speed


CHASSIS
Type: Tubular steel Trellis frame

Brakes: 330 mm twin discs (f), 245 mm disc (r)
Suspension: 43 mm USD telescopic forks (f), Single-sided swingarm with monoshock (r)
Tyres: 120/70 ZR17 (f), 190/55 ZR17 (r)

DIMENSIONS
L/W/H (mm): NA 
Wheelbase: 1430 mm
Dry weight: 169 kg
Fuel tank: 15.5 litres

PRICE 
Rs 23.64 lakh, ex-showroom, all-India

2 comments:

  1. nice but figure which specifies the enthralling feel of this beast are little bit wrong so for next time, take care of figures.

    ReplyDelete